Thank you for visiting the site. We are committed to the privacy of our visitors. We collect no personal information about you when you visit the site unless you choose to provide that information to us and we do not use personal information other than to process the request that required you to submit personal information. We do not make any visitor-provided information available to third parties.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store information concerning your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain);
- Your IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
- The date and time you access the site;
- The pages you visit within the site; and
- If you linked to our Web site from another Web site, the address of that website.
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, for example, by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through the site, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. All uses of that information are described on the web page containing the form.
Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “Submit” button on any of the web forms found on the site, you are indicating your voluntary consent for us to use the information you submit for the purpose stated.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from BlackAmericanHistory.org, you can click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the BlackAmericanHistory.org email.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that any information you give to us is stored and maintained in secure servers and not publicly accessible. BlackAmericanHistory.org protects personal data by only allowing limited, authorized personnel to have access to such personal data. We use Stripe to process all payments, which is a well-known and secure payment processing company. BlackAmericanHistory.org has technical safeguards such and authentication protocols. However, despite our best security efforts, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.