Fort Valley State College is established by Black and White citizens of Fort Valley, Georgia.
1895 (Apr 1)
Fort Valley High and Industrial School was established by leading Black and white citizens of Fort Valley, Georgia, for the education of Blacks in the South. During the 1920s and 1930s students at the school helped construct several of its buildings. In 1939 Fort Valley merged with the State Teachers and Agricultural College and the two schools became Fort Valley State College.